Just call me Brilliant. After a hard 5k on Friday my running partner and I decided to run with our husbands for a change on Saturday. My husband decided however, that running with a television in front of him was essential so I was on my own. I called an old friend for our weekly check-in for personal training. She was talking about trying to get a run in so I asked her if she wanted to go with me. It was in the heat of the day by this time and I don't do well with nights so we decided to go in the afternoon but up the canyon on a shady trail.
We wanted to take our 6 mile run pretty easy to recover from a 5k. We drove two cars to the canyon. Mine at the bottom and hers on top. That way we only were going to run down hill. We parked hers at the top and ran down to my car. It wasn't enough miles so we ran a little further and back. By the end we were spent. It was hot and there really wasn't as much shade as I had hoped. We went to get into my car to make the drive back up to her car but I realized I had left my keys in her car up the canyon!!! Yep, brilliant. I can see doing that after a long run when there is an oxygen deficit, but before? Luckily she is a very good person and tried to make me feel like it was ok. I volunteered to make the run back up the trail but we found a ride by two walkers who were ready to load up. On our way back riding in her car she smiled and said "Hey it's a good thing we brought 2 cars."
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super Sistas!
1 comment:
Soooo funny. Did you really forget the keys or was this some evil personal trainer trick to get a few extra miles out of your subject?
Post a Comment