I almost forgot what it was like to train. The random aches and pains are coming back but so is the good feeling you get after running a long run or speed work. I have heard it said that the best thing you can do for your body is train for a marathon and the worst thing you can do for it is actually run one. So true, except some of those long runs in training can be pretty brutal. It was fun the last time because I ran from my old house to my parents home in another city 22 miles a way. When my parents told some extended family what I had done they thought they were joking.
My partner and I are anticompetitive when it comes to marathons. 5ks and 10ks are a different story at least for me. I like to do well in the shorter races. I like to try to win or at least place. In the marathons there is a whole different type of group that runs those. These are the people who get up early in the morning and some have been running for most of their lives (I believe the average marathon age is 40's I could be wrong though). If i am going to run 26.2 miles I am going to enjoy it. One day when I am out of my child baring years I will do the ultras. I can't think of anything that would equal that. At my first marathon I was stretching and overheard a conversation about someone running a 100 miler. My jaw dropped to the floor. I didn't know those things existed and even more amazing is that there were people who would do them!!! I will definitely try maybe up to a 50, I think a 100 is crazy.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super Sistas!
2 comments:
well I am glad to see you draw the line somewhere!
If any gal could cun a 100 mile it would be you!
Post a Comment