I ran a 5k today in the rain. It was great to have a garmin. That thing was beaping at me the whole time to go faster. I wanted to run about 40 seconds faster than what I did but I was happy with my time. I practiced a lot of self control and didn't run my fastest at the beginning. That is usually my problem. I run hard the first mile and then I crash. I also did a mile warm up which I usually don't do. With some fast starts in between. That helped a lot. I also wore a thick jacket that was weighed down by water by the time that I finished. I had to throw it to the side for the last leg of the run.
We started our marathon training this week. I can't wait for the long runs. We will do more AI (aerobic intervals) and tempos this time. My running partner is amazing she keeps us on track. Our training will be a little more complete this time with a garmin. Last time we were doing our 20 miler and over ran it by 2 miles, we felt great but didn't want to do that again. I love the long runs. We did 14 miles in the pouring rain once and that was awesome. That is a good way to break in some shoes.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super Sistas!
1 comment:
Whaoo!!!! Good job!
Post a Comment