I have decided to make this blog officially about running. I have a journal that I keep at home but I have so much to write about that I don't talk about running.
I went on a run today. It wasn't a long one but I thought alot about how running is more than running. For me it is a reset button. I have heard that as you run the rythmic motion puts your mind into a state of hypnosis. I decided that if this was true I would use this to my advantage and think about all the things that I want to be while I run. To a certain extent I have really seen this work. For example, I love to eat. When my husband and I were dating he watched with amazement as I finished my plate at resturants (you know the ones with the super portion sizes) He was convinced that I had some sort of eating dissorder but after seeing how I could down a pizza and not head for the restroom after he began to realize that my metabolism was pretty high instead.
Now that I am older (at least older than I was when we met :) I need to watch the things I eat a little closer. When I run I think about eating healthier, I visualize my day and what I will eat. It helps a lot. I think about eating tomato soup while I am running and when I get home, that is what I want to eat.
I also think about being a better mom. Anyone can be a deadbeat mom. One who sits around watching soap operas while her kids are perched in front of a television in the other room. I want to be a super mom. One that teachers her own children and uses school as a tool to rienforce what is taught at home (academically that is). I like to do activities with my kids, to observe their weaknesses and plan activities to help them become strenghts. While I run I think about these things. I come home feeling refreshed and feeling like I took my time and now I can move on to bigger and better things.
When I run I pray. I talk with my Heavenly Father. I cry at times (not very often cause I really am not a cryer) but he understands me and I promise to do better. I really feel his love when I run. I look at the beautiful scenery and I cherish the healthy body that he has given me. Although I do know that if I didn't have a healthy body he would love me the same.
Maddona Buddars a 76 year old Catholic Nun who runs is one of my heros. She uses her running time to commune with God. She does Traitholons. She dedicates each race to someone in need. What an example.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Super Sistas!
2 comments:
Hey Sue! You have a blog - YAY! I look forward to keeping up.
Hah! I found you. You can't hide from me forever. I know where your blog is now and I will be watching...
Hey your thoughts on running have inspired me. I am excited to go tomorrow. Write some more if you get a chance.
Post a Comment